PLEASE remember these are volunteers and they may need some time to get back to you.
Please follow these guidelines:
1. limit the amount of surnames you request information for, to two names per request
2. be patient it could take up to a week or two for your reply
3. be as specific as possible when requesting information. For example "Could I have all the information on the name Smith in Muskoka?" is not very specific.
4. Remember to thank the volunteer whether they have been able to help you or not. Even if they didn't find any information, they still checked their sources for you.
5. The volunteer reserves the right to refuse a look up based on their own time allowances, resources etc.
6. Please list the name of the source you would like checked in your email. This will save the volunteer a great deal of time.
|For Stephenson Township, I can offer look ups on the following: all federal census returns, all Township cemeteries, death certs (1869-1932), birth certs (1869-1907) and selected marriage certs and assessment roll returns.
|I have the following history books in my possession and am willing to do lookups. Most of them are not indexed so it will take time to get back to people:
"A Tribute to Ryerson Township 1880 - 1890" Published by Olympic Printing, Sprucedale, Ontario 1980
"Armour Township, The Invisible Past 1881 - 1981" by Janice Osborne
"Memories of Burks Falls and District 1835 - 1978"
"Reflections of a Century, Burks Falls 1890 - 1990 - updated in 1996"
"History of Royston" by R.W. HALL published in 1978
"Almaguin, a Highland History" by Astrid Taim published in 1998 (indexed)
|A Good Town Grew Here (Bracebridge)
Bob is in the process of indexing this book, but not halfway thru' yet. At the present time he is limited to name & place-name lookups in the book. Otherwise, you will need to provide him with the year for an individual. Since the book covers the period 1870 to 1918, (approx.) and is a compilation of newspaper articles/editorials, etc.
If inquiries are not submitted in exactly the above format, then Bob will not be able to help you out.
|Will provide look-ups for the geographic townships of Humphrey, Christie, Foley, Monteith, Conger and the Village of Rosseau, all in the District of Parry Sound and now part of the Township of SEGUIN which was formed in 1998.
|I can do lookups for the
1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 census for Stephenson township
I am able to do lookups for all of Stephenson township cemeteries completed to October 2004 and also have several death reg. for Stephenson township.
|I have research on the Alves family of Carling township, Charles and Martha Collins of Carling and Parry Sound town.
My grandmother Minnie Collins married Alex Alves and her sister Sarah married John Helmkay.
I also have Helmkay info.